- Student visa is granted to students who have been admitted to the recognised universities/institutions in India to pursue the regular studies or to pursue the specific courses under the exchange programme between an Indian- Italian university. The visa can be issued for the duration of course for a maximum period of 5 years. Normally for students visa the clearance from India is required, hence the applicants are advised to apply well in advance.
- Please check the List of Holidays before coming to the Consulate. The timings for submission of Visa applications are from 0915 to 1215 hrs on all working days. Passports may be collected back from 1600 to 1700 hrs on the date specified by the Consulate at the time of submission of application.
- All applicants are required to complete the application form On-line. Photo must be submitted and uploaded online. One photograph of size 50mm x 50mm (2”x2”) with white background should be pasted in the space provided in the form as well as uploaded online. Print and Sign the application at the required places before submitting it at the Visa counter in the Consulate alongwith the passport
- Original admission letter from a recognised University/Institution/School as a proof of admission to a full time course.
- A certificate from a financial institution certifying that the family has enough financial resources to sustain the cost burden in India (tuition fees and the stay in India ) is required.
- A receipt of fees paid to the school/university/institution
- In addition to above in case of exchange programme, an exchange of student agreement between the two institutions is required.
- An insurance coverage for the illness and other incidental causes is required for the entire period of stay in India
- Please check if additional documents are required for foreign nationals and dual nationality citizens.
(N.B. Full time or part time employment is completely prohibited in case of a student visa.)